Re: newbies needing help for graphic login

Andy Streich wrote:

Agreed. I use a similar strategy. I just want to give the newbie the option to do that -- after they have a solid working setup. Until then, a "debian-newcomer" list (or debian-how-in-the-heck-do-I-get-this-working list) seems like a good idea.
This has been discussed a lot of times (read as 'read the archives'). There is no real use in setting up a newbie list or debian-newbie list. The thing is if it is a newbie list, only newbies will be there and you wont get any advice from experts. To almost all the questions you will have replies saying "oh! I do have the same problem"... but there wont be any solution provided by anyone (as everyone is a newbie). I know I wont hang out in a newbie list. But I am not sure about others.

bye
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi