Re: openoffice 2.0 for testing hangs

Elaine Tsiang YueLien wrote:

It hangs on file opening and closing. oo 1.x no longer available for
downpinning. There is a bug report at openoffice.org: issue 60064.
Anyone else having this? Any suggestion on how to work around this in
the mean time?

Elaine

I have a Sarge system with OOo2 from backports.org. When I start OOo2, it takes over a minute to come up. Seems that javaldx (which uses over 70% of my user CPU) just takes a long time to do whatever it does. As I haven't got Java to work on my machine, I don't know if it's that or the OOo2 problem. Java crashes Firefox on a page with an applet...

Linux Yewdales-lodge 2.6.8-2-686 #1 Tue Aug 16 13:22:48 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.