RE: TCP not working over ppp connection (WAS: 5th day using Linux...)

Hi Marty,

I an very new to Linux. What do I type in to give you more information. I
used the 180MB install disk image from debian.org and I type in "linux26" at
the install prompt...

Far as the issue discussed on junxion, I am not having it. I do not know
why, but I have seen many people refer to that post because they have their
connection drop at random intervals. I have not been dropped once and have
had a few connections that lasted 10+ hours.

In ether way, I have not see any articles from people that cannot get TCP to
work over their modem. This is a fresh install, why is it not working? Is
there some TCP package that I need to download?

Tyson Varosyan
Technical Manager, Uptime Technical Solutions LLC.
tyson@up-times.com
www.up-times.com
206-715-TECH (8324)

UpTime/OnTime/AnyTime