Re: setting up Debian Linux from scratch

On Friday 06 January 2006 10:57 am, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:04:12 +0000
>
> Cold Fusion <cold.technetium@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry if this is in fact included in the install manual, but I have a
> > computer I'd like to install Debian on, it's presently got windows, and I
> > don't like that - I'm going to uninstall it. But then how do I install
> > linux? I've got the CD, and help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> No need to uninstall the windoze, Debian can wipe it out nicely for you (if
> you choose so) during the install ;)

In fact I had the extremely pleasant experience of letting the Debian
installer leave Windows in a small partition on my drive so I could still use
it for things like troubleshooting my Internet connection with the cable
company (they only support Win and Mac).

Andy