Re: "superblock last write time is in the future" on boot

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> I submitted a bug against e2fsprogs a couple weeks ago due to similar
> issues on boot up. the developer got right on it and apparently fixed it.
> Something to do with when debian sets the system clock as it relates to
> the fsck portion of boot. So, his solution was two fold. 1) fix the
> hardware clock to UTC and 2) upgrade to his latest package. don't know if
> its been committed yet or not and whether it'll trickle into testing soon
> or not, but thats my

This is caused by breakage in glibc and util-linux, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=342887  for the *real* full
story.

e2fsprogs has no bug at all. I hope they did not make the matters worse
trying to work around it.

  Henrique Holschuh