Re: H8_film convertor

nullman wrote:

do you mean hi-8 ?
this is on tape and analogue .. so you need a digitizer-card (and software) .. after that you can think of conversion to other formats.

Or did i get you wrong ?

2006/1/4, steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl <mailto:steefvanduin@zonnet.nl>>:

    hi list,

    a long time ago my family made (short) movies of my youngest children,
    twins, in the format (?)
    H8.

    googling did up till now not help me enough.

    so my question is:

    is/are there (a) (debian) package(s), something like mencoder
    perhaps,
    to put

    a. the content of the ancient H8-movies on one of my my harddisks

    and,

    b. somehow change the format to mpeg or avi (with mencoder: not pure
    debian(??) to put the data

    with - perhaps again - cdrecord or growisofs on cdrom or dvd?

    thank you all in advance,

    kind regards,

    steef
    groningen, holland