Re: H8_film convertor

do you mean hi-8 ?
this is on tape and analogue .. so you need a digitizer-card (and software) .. after that you can think of conversion to other formats.

Or did i get you wrong ?

2006/1/4, steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl >:
hi list,

a long time ago my family made (short) movies of my youngest children,
twins, in the format (?)
H8.

googling did up till now not help me enough.

so my question is:

is/are there (a) (debian) package(s), something like mencoder perhaps,
to put

a. the content of the ancient H8-movies on one of my my harddisks

and,

b. somehow change the format to mpeg or avi (with mencoder: not pure
debian(??) to put the data

with - perhaps again - cdrecord or growisofs on cdrom or dvd?

thank you all in advance,

kind regards,

steef
groningen, holland