Re: Burning CDs from ISO image - possible?

Ken Heard wrote:
Is it possible in sarge with the 2.6.8 kernel to burn CDROMs from a downloaded ISO image? I tried using K3b. If it does allow burning of ISO images which K3b has not created itself from selected files, I was not able to determine how. It seems impossible to eliminate the first stem (creating the ISO file) and start the process from the second step: burning the image.

I also tried x-cdroast and cdroast, but both gave me error messages to the effect that they apparently are only usable in 2.4.* kernels. In fact, when I was still using RH 8 I was able to do what so far I can't do now.

Regards,

Take a look at cdrecord (man page). I'm using Gnome, but use Terminal for most things. I have also created a bootable system image on DVD with cdrecord-ProDVD. An example is in my "3 1/2 questions post" just a few minutes ago. A lot more reading was involved though, to get to that point :-)

A start,
Lee C