Re: Burning CDs from ISO image - possible?

Ken Heard <ken@heard.name> writes:

> Is it possible in sarge with the 2.6.8 kernel to burn CDROMs from a
> downloaded ISO image?  I tried using K3b.  If it does allow burning of
> ISO images which K3b has not created itself from selected files, I was
> not able to determine how.  It seems impossible to eliminate the first
> stem (creating the ISO file) and start the process from the second
> step: burning the image.

I just use cdrecord. After adding the proper device definition to
/etc/default/cdrecord, and adding my account to the cdrom group, it's
just a matter of running

$ cdrecord FILE.iso

growisofs from dvd+rw-tools does the same thing for recordable DVD, and
is even slightly simpler to use.