Re: silly question

Blake Swadling wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 21:26 -0800, Gordon Jackson wrote:

    1. The plural of “y’all” is “all y’all”
you've gotta be shitting me! BAhhahh
Where I come from (West Texas, but originally D/FW Texas), both are plural. The "all y'all" is an inclusive plural, as in "I want all y'all to come to my barbecue this weekend, okay? Joe Bob and Mary Beth, will y'all bring the tater salad?"

There's also "all of y'all", which is also inclusive, as in "You youngin's! I want all of y'all to sit down and behave!"

--
Kent