Re: Getting xfree86 running

S Clement wrote:
I have been trying different things to get XFree86 running.  The last
message I got was: xfOpenConsole: command not found

When I try vidtune, I get: Error: Can't open display

Again: I have Debian 3.0 running on half of a 40 Gig drive on a
Toshiba Satellite A30.  Boot control is lilo and it works fine.  I
haven't run Debian for years and I'll be damned if it'll beat me this
time.

It would be extremely difficult to get you a copy of the XF86Config-4
file because I cannot a connect to the internet except with WinXp.

Can you copy the XF86Config-4 file to a partition that WinXP can read? Then you could copy it into a posting.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com