module-assistant with ipw2200

Hi,

I am trying to build the ipw2200 package with module-assistant (as suggested on several forums), but when I do 'module-assistant -t build ipw2200-source' I get the following error message:

"
Bad luck, the kernel headers for the target kernel version could not be found and you did not specify other valid kernel
headers to use.

If the running kernel has been shipped with the Debian distribution, please install the package kernel-headers-2.6.8-2-386"

I indeed use a stock kernel 2.6.8 but apparently there are no such package as kernel-headers-2.6.8-2-386, I've only found a linux-kernel-headers package, but that one states the following in its README:

  - These headers can not be used to build kernel modules.  They're only
    for userspace use.

So I am quite clueless about how to build this ipw2200 package. Did anybody went through the same process?

Thank you,
Balint