Booting Proliant 800

Hi All,

I've just bought a cheap Proliant 800 PII 450 and would like to install Debian on it. But it will not boot anything. It only tries to boot from a damaged Windoze NT install on it's disks but fails after the initial bootloader sequence.
I've tried booting without any result:
- sarge installer CD
- Sarge bootfloppy
- HP Smartstart 5.50

It simply ignores the floppy or CD and start booting from disk.

Even the setup utility (F10) results in a message: 'System partition utilities not available on this system'

I've googled but couldn't find info on how to setup this system to boot a Linux installer.

Does anyone have information on onstalling Debian on this system or pointers to good info?

Groet,

Peter Teunissen

-- Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their own level and beat you on experience.