Re: post install tidbits? [was Help with Linux selection please?]

I also forgot to ask ...

(I know you're thinking won't this old fart go to bed)

When I installed some more packages with Synaptic it said two potential updates were not selected (can't remember the exact wording). Looking at the two in the list, they were kernel-image-2.4.27.2-386 and mdadm, both of which seemed to have the same new and old version numbers.

I left them alone (at least for the moment), but what's the story here?
Should I or shouldn't I? (how many times in life have I asked myself that question :-)

Thanks again,
Lee C
"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it's regret for the things we didn't do that is inconsolable." -- Sydney J. Harris