Re: installing amd64 kernel

On Wednesday, 21 December 2005 at 21:12:28 +0000, Wackojacko wrote:

> Aaron Stromas wrote:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >I received a number of advices on installation of my AMD Athlon 64
[...]
> I had similar problems installing from the netinstall but luckily I had
> an old PCI card to slot in.  I eventually found the answer on the Nvidia
> site.

I had a similar experience two weeks back.  The sarge netinstall CD
failed to recognise the nVidia onboard chipsets.  I inserted a pci NIC
to get the base system, and on reboot, both NICs were visible, so I took
the PCI one out again.  I never did sort out the onboard nVidia sound,
though.  I had to rob an old SoundBlaster Live PCI card from another box.

> I eventually found the answer on the Nvidia site.

I couldn't find anything useful there.  I had the impression it was all
for gamers and high-end video cards.

--
richard