Re: OT: Leet-speak WAS:[Help with Linux selection please?]

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 20:25, Steve Lamb wrote:
>Kent West wrote:
>> Aaron's right; list communications should be conducted in
>> understandable language; but on the other hand, I think that
>> whereas it's okay to scold the offender slightly, we should not
>> knee-jerk react by marking his input as unworthy of attention.
>
>    I disagree.  Simply put if someone cannot bother to put some
> effort into making their writing moderately comprehensible why
> should I be expected to put any effort into decyphering it?

For the most part I agree with Steve.  Leet msgs do not get as much
attention as the leet writer hopes they would.  In other words, use
something resembling plain english on an english list please.

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this