Re: Using Linux on old Dell Latitude XPi CD

--- J Merritt <brookvegas@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I downloaded 4 floppy images and wrote them. The
> boot
> process was going just fine until I came to the net
> detect part. I tried to detect with DHCP, which
> normally works without a hitch. This time, it said
> the
> autoconfig failed. I tried a manual setup and that
> wouldn't do it either. The net drivers seem to load
> correctly, as it starts PC Card services and does
> not
> give an error. I cannot access any Debian mirrors.
> Any
> suggestions on how to get the network to go? TX

On second thought, I removed the net card that was in
the slot (a 3C Megahertz 10/100 PCMCIA card) and
replaced it with another that I had on hand (a Netgear
card of some sort). It worked with the Netgear. I'm
surprised it didn't work with the 3C. Strange.
Hopefully perhaps it will detect the 3C when I remove
the Netgear and replace it with the original card
(3C).

The base system is now installed on the notebook.
Thanks for the suggestions.