Re: reply-to munging

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:36:10 -0800
Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:

>     Some software does honor list-post and those that don't often have a bug
> filed against it for failing to do so.

How comes traditional *nix mailers can handle non-munging AND munging correctly and newer clients (of Redmond inspiration) don't? That was probably the main reason i started to look for alternatives to T-bird (supposed to be standards compliant), which got me Sylpheed, a great example of having the best (for my needs) of both worlds.

Of course, all this is just an undocumented opinion/impression, but the flamewar is already on :)

Andrei