Re: [debian-vrms] Re: Suggestions for vrms package?

Hi Clive and everybody else that replied.

On Dec 19 2005, Clive Menzies wrote:
> I use it and it seems to work well :)

Nice that you have vrms installed. :-)

> I'm at a bit of a loss as to what you're thinking in terms of
> development; ie. what more one would want it to do unless you're
> thinking along the lines of recommended free alternatives to
> proprietary software.

I have already received some good suggestions like:

* an option for listing contrib software;
* an option for ignoring non-free packages when they are documentation;
* an option for suggesting alternative software to something in non-free.

> I checked out the alioth page and not much has seemed to have happened
> since August.

Unfortunately, the alioth page doesn't show exactly where we are. I
think that one of the main reasons is that the subversion repository
manipulations aren't accounted for in the alioth page (only CVS?).

I have tried to contact some people responsible for alioth on irc but
didn't find them on-line and the answers that I got were just to
"ignore" the apparent lack of activity.

> This is not a criticism; I share your enthusiasm for the using free
> software wherever possible.  I guess I'm suffering from a lack of
> imagination :)

Thank you very much. I am also open to any criticism, if it is
constructive. And imaginative suggestions are also quite welcome. :-)

Thank you very much, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/