Re: Partitioning problem -- no writepermission to partitiontable

You may find that it all works better if you boot into windows and turn off virtual memory. also maybe turn off system restore. In the past, those two items have written unmoveable blocks on the disk and prevent the partition from being properly resized. Its been a over a year now, though, so that may have changed. ymmv.

also, there is something scary about turning off system restore before resizing the partition... hmm...