Re: How do I get my Kernel Back?

> Do to the recent problems with yaird and the new Kernel Image (suffice
> it to say), I have... removed my one and only kernel image.
>
> How do I get it back?
in knoppix, you first have to mount all your debian partitions to
soewhere, e.g.:
/ to /mnt/debian
/usr to /mnt/debian/usr
/home to /mnt/debian/home etc. etc.
though I exoet you did that anyway. then you'll have to (I think) bind
/dev and /proc:
# mount --bind /dev /mnt/debian/dev
# mount --bind /proc /mnt/debian/proc
then chroot
# chroot /mnt/debian
and install the kernel with apt-get as usual.

It certainly did help. Thanks very much. The trick was the binding which you mentioned. For my own education, what does this do?

Again, much thanks.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.