Re: Kino problem - doesn't read files

On Sunday 18 December 2005 14:47, Russ Cook wrote:
>I am running an AMD64 dual-core machine, on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
>motherboard.    I'm running Debian-64, Sarge (I think).  My
> sources.list file is attached.
>
>I'm trying to use Kino to edit some video files for burning to DVD.
>When I try to load an AVI file, I get the error "Failed to load
> media". When I try to load an MPG file, I get the error "Invalid
> file specified". The version of Kino is 0.7.5.  Since I'm running
> 64-bit Linux, I don't know if the problem is my own ignorance, or a
> compatibility issue, or both.

Kino, generally speaking, is the admin program, making use of others to
do the grunt work.  The list of dependencies is fairly large to make
it all work, but rest assured it does work rather nicely once they are
all installed.  dvgrab for instance is what it uses to import the data
from my handycam over firewire.

The docs should describe whats required, so take a look at them,

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this