Kino problem - doesn't read files

I am running an AMD64 dual-core machine, on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard. I'm running Debian-64, Sarge (I think). My sources.list
file is attached.

I'm trying to use Kino to edit some video files for burning to DVD.
When I try to load an AVI file, I get the error "Failed to load media".
When I try to load an MPG file, I get the error "Invalid file specified".
The version of Kino is 0.7.5.  Since I'm running 64-bit Linux, I don't know
if the problem is my own ignorance, or a compatibility issue, or both.

Can anyone offer some pointers?

Thanks much,
 Russ
# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main

deb http://mirror.espri.arizona.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ testing main
deb http://mirror.espri.arizona.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ testing contrib