Re: [OT] good laptops

Rob Benton wrote:

> I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on a good quality laptop.  I
> bought a Dell desktop for my mom almost a year ago and it wasn't such a
> good deal.

I agree.  I had a Dell Inspiron 3000 and was utterly disappointed with the
machine.

> So any place that takes trade-ins is a plus.  I'm not really
> worried about compatibility with Linux since she'll only be using
> Windows XP.

I just got a 1.6 GHz IBM ThinkPad A31 for $500 at budcom.com (Budget
Computers, SW 114th Ave and OR-10 and OR-217, Beaverton, Oregon).  That's a
much nicer machine, everything on it works, and I've even heard good things
about Linux on them (though I haven't tried dual booting it yet).

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca