Re: Soundblaster Silent on Reboot

Hal Vaughan wrote:
> So if anyone knows how I can tell Alsa to save the Soundblaster as the default
> card and NOT the built in motherboard one, it'll be working perfectly.  (I
> can even remove the @reboot cron job I had w/ aumix to set the levels.)

I think you put a file in the /etc/modprobe.d directory (as long as it's
not the same name as a Debian package) and put this in it:

alias snd-card-0 <default card module>
alias snd-card-1 <other card module>
alias sound-card-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-card-1 snd-card-1

Where <default card module> is the name of the kernel module of the sound
card you want to be default and <other card module> is the other sound card.