followup about LVM problems.

Thanks to a few users help from various sources I've managed to fix the problem with LVM2 I was
having.

It was due to 2.6 series kernel not being used that caused the problems. Downgrading to the version currently in testing rather than the version in unstable seems to have solved the problems with LVM2.

however I now cannot mount the partition as XFS doesn't like it.

I get the following error if I try to mount the Volume:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/3diskvolume/3diskvolume,
missing codepage or other error
(could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
dmesg | tail or so

If i try using xfs_check on the partition/volume i get:

xfs_check: /dev/3diskvolume/3diskvolume is invalid (cannot read first 512 bytes)

Does this mean the parition is useless and needs to be recreated? or is it possible to repair and regain
access to the data?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly