gcc internal error

I've recently installed Woody on an old PC - 166Mhz w/ 2.5 GB hd. Am trying to get Samba installed from the source; after doing ./configure, apparently ending ok my make stops with an internal gcc error.

Compiling rpc_parse/parse_net.c with -fPIC
Compiling rpc_parse/parse_reg.c with -fPIC
Compiling rpc_parse/parse_rpc.c with -fPIC
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make: *** [rpc_parse/parse_rpc.po] Error 1
UNCLELEO:/tmp/samba-3.0.10/source#

Any idea how deep a mess I'm in here? Haven't really gotten anything working on this box yet, so if I ought to start from scratch that might be the easiest way to go.

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Webmaster's Bulletin Board: http://bbs.face2interface.com/
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal