Re: gcc internal error

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:53:23 -0500
Marty Landman <mlandman@face2interface.com> wrote:

> I've recently installed Woody on an old PC - 166Mhz w/ 2.5 GB hd. Am trying
> to get Samba installed from the source; after doing ./configure, apparently

Woody is a bit old - you might do well to install (sarge) stable at this
point.

> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> make: *** [rpc_parse/parse_rpc.po] Error 1

Is the error repeatable - same source file, same error? Either that, or
does it happen with other compiles? Either way, you could be
experiencing memory issues or other hardware problems. gcc 'internal
compiler error' is an indicator (at times) of RAM issues.

I'd first try memtest86 - run it through and see if there are any
memory errors found.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.