Re: *nix cert

On Dec 08 2005, Justin Gallardo wrote:
> Haha, funny enough. I am currently a student at a four year, and a
> term of tuition, including my housing costs (3 terms a year) was
> $4600, for in-state tuition. I would say that a few good certs would
> be much more cost effective.

Well, but a Computer Science course, if done right (i.e., with theorems,
proofs and a solid background on theoretical foundations of Computer
Science) would be much more illuminating.

Getting a certification would be just like studying for another subject
(perhaps much easier than studying for some course---again, such courses
are done right, since much of Computer Science deals with problems that
are simple to state, yet utterly hard to solve).

And a graduate degree is even more mind-opening, I can assure you.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/