Re: *nix cert

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Justin Gallardo wrote:

> Haha, funny enough. I am currently a student at a four year, and a
> term of tuition, including my housing costs (3 terms a year) was
> $4600, for in-state tuition. I would say that a few good certs would
> be much more cost effective.

costwize, i was just using costs of "per-unit class time" and
excluding housing/food/transportation/etc/etc/etc/ beer and pizza $$ too
	and if you want .. stanford starts at about $25K per quarter
	as does all them big-name private schools

cost bene of a 4yr degree is ez to figure out ...

just compare salaries for folks with BS/MS/PhDs
and salaries for those with just certs

the problem is some folks with bs/ms/phD tend to also have certs
which can skew the results to what you want to see

<general>
folks with 4yr degree tend to make 50% or 2x or more than those with just
certs or 2 yr degrees ... and gazillion time more if you make it to
founder shareholders
</generality>

-------

for me .. just having certs won't cut it, to get that ph interview call
to get to the next step ..

c ya
alvn