Re: Changing thunderbird default printer

On 12/07/2005 08:30 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
> When I print in TBird, the default printer shows up as printer1@:64.
> When I print to file on that GV can't handle the resulting ps.
>
> When I change that printer to Postscript/printer1 allOK.
>
> I would like the latter to be the default like it is in Mozilla.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks!

Hugo,

Hello again.

Maybe you have xprint installed?  Are you sure it's needed?

On my sarge system, cupsys handles all printing.  Printing from
thunderbird, the default printer is the cups default printer.  The print
dialog box is identical to the print dialog box in mozilla 1.7.8.

With cups-pdf, printing to a file is as simple as choosing the
"cups-pdf" printer in the printer selection dialog, or you can still
choose the print postscript to file mozilla.ps.

Regards,
Ralph