Re: thunderbird as mailto in mozilla

On 12/06/2005 03:40 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have the other side of the coin now.
>
> I managed to open mozilla tabs from thunderbird.
>
> But how to use thunderbird for the mailto links in *mozilla*, not
> firefox. The two seem to do it differently.
>
> Googling found holgermetzger's tips
> http://www.holgermetzger.de/etips6.html
> but that doesn't seem to do it.
>
> Found:
> http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/firefox-mailto.jspx
> But that's for firefox. Does not seem to work for Mozilla.
>
> Any mozilla and thunderbird users out there?
>
> I'll switch to Firefox if it will use my splash xpms. ;-)
>
> Thanks!

Hugo,

In my sarge mozilla 1.7.8, clicking a mailto link opens the compose
window in thunderbird.  No extensions needed.  It just works. :)

I think this behavior is set by gnome-control-center -> advanced ->
preferred applications.  I do not use a gnome environment other than gdm
login and gnome-settings-daemon.  Openbox is the window manager.

Regards,
Ralph