One stage rsync

Hi all.
I am working on debian and debian-amd64 mirror. There are two recommended mirror scripts. In both two stage rsync, first to download packages, second to update index files after download.
I use one stage, here example:
rsync --verbose --recursive --links --hard-links --times --delete-after
--delay-updates
IMHO I achieve the same with only one rsync command, isn't it? With this options rsync:

1. Download new files and modified, but modified don't replace old files yet. 2. Replace old files with new versions after download complete (--delay-updates).
3. Delete absent files (--delete-after) at the end.

Benefit is obvious. May be change recommended mirror scripts?
--
Olleg Samoylov