Re: A few general questions from a Debian newbie

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 09:42:16PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 09:59:22PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 08:33:00PM -0700, Scott wrote:
> > > The latest official Debian Sarge package for Firefox is for v 1.04!
> > > http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/main/m/mozilla-firefox/
> >
> > Myself, I don't use Crapfox, and therefore don't pay any attention to its
> > Debian versioning, but if normal Debian practices are being followed,
> > security fixes are backported to stable, rather than new and untested
> > versions being packaged for stable.
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> Which browser do you use?

Remember, you asked...

Normally links2 in GUI mode.  It loads almost instantaneously, it's fast,
and since I don't give a rat's ass what "designers" think their pages are
supposed to look like, the fact that it doesn't do CSS is of no importance.

Mozilla if a page isn't navigable in links2, although high on my "worth
bothering with at all" criteria list is whether a page is usable in links2,
and I'm much more likely to simply not waste my time visiting pages that
aren't than I am to load an alternative browser.

--
 Marc Wilson |     A language that doesn't have everything is actually
 msw@cox.net |     easier to program in than some that do.  -- Dennis