exim4 and SSH tunneling

Does anyone have a recipe for setting up an SSH tunnel to a smarthost
with exim4 on Debian.

Either I'm for a translation of this to exim4:

I could also go with a variant of what I'm temporarily using now. I've
set up an SSH tunnel to the MTA on the smarthost on port 2525. However,
I can't seem to use localhost:2525 as the smarthost in exim4-config.

So, does anyone have a suggestion for applying either of these
approaches to an Exim configuration (split into small files) generated
by exim4-config?