Re: Re: DHCP with Static Addresses

"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:

|> > and the DHCP server in the Linksys router (a Wireless-B) is happy
|> > to always assign the 192.168.1.100 address to the machine in
|> > question.
|>
|> No, DHCP is doing nothing in this. You have given your machine a fixed
|> IP address in your LAN and it works perfectly.

Yes, you're right of course. I had forgotten (it's been a long time
since I set this up) that I had configured the Linksys *not* to assign
the address 192.168.1.100 (the starting point for the range of addresses
it can assign is 192.168.1.101). That way, there are no conflicts.

But yes, it all does work for these very simple purposes.

Jim