Just installes Debian

Hi,
I've installed Debian "testing", I have very little experience in
Linux . During my installation and after solving some of my problems
(I still have a few...) I wonder why isn't the OS take care for it and
maybe save hours  of searching :

1. It took me hours to get additional Hebrew fonts for the KDE and for
the OpenOffice, I had to install 3 different packages, I figured it
out from an old guide and from a forum.
 Why isn't the installation process ask me if I want that after it
figures my regional ?

2. The installation process didn't recognize my Sound Card , as I
understood from the forum I had to install and run ALSA. Since most of
the PC's  have Sound card why couldn't the OS after not recognizing it
,  ask me if I want ALSA services ...?

3.Since KDE wasn't installed I searched it  in " Synaptic Package
Manager " , I got a long list with short descriptions , now I had to
understand what to install ....
Maybe you should mark somehow the basic/core/main  packages in the  "
Synaptic Package Manager " ?

4. In the partition process I think you should add an automatic
process for defining swap + Boot and then let the user change it .

Pls look at my questions above as a constructive criticism that maybe
will help other install Debian. In the very short time that I use
Debian I really enjoy it and the technical support that I get .
Thanks,
Rafi