Re: Just installes Debian

Rafi Gabzu wrote:

3.Since KDE wasn't installed I searched it  in " Synaptic Package
Manager " , I got a long list with short descriptions , now I had to
understand what to install ....
Maybe you should mark somehow the basic/core/main  packages in the  "
Synaptic Package Manager " ?
KDE will not be installed by default because not all the people running Debian would want KDE. Some would like Kde, some like Gnome, some like xfce and there are plethora of other choices available. In fact some dont even need a Desktop environment or a window manager etc.,The idea is to give you a very 'small', 'basic' system that just works. After that it is up to the user to install the software that he wants.

In any case, installing KDE is as simple as, becoming root and executing the command

apt-get install kde

hth
raju

--