sytem running out of free disk space

hello,

I have a debian machine with 1.4G hard disk which is running out of
space. Running "apt-get autoclean" and "apt-get autoclean" have provided
me with about 100M free space but it is still too short for my server
machine.

I see there are lots of documentations and unnecessary things on my
system (like locales I will never use etc.).

Can you people point me to a documentation or give some hints how to
deal with such problems in debian? I am not new to linux but have
relatively little experience with debian.

Regards,

--
Realos