Re: Is Debian ready for the desktop?

Joey Hess wrote:

[snip]

I know of several people[1] who have already done a lot of work in this
area on Debian. It's illistrative that this wiki page changed from a
huge list of things that needed to be done manually before the sarge
release to "it just works (plus entirely too much info about setting up
a multiuser desktop system)" after the sarge release:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktopHowTo

Thanks, helpful link. Darn, I have what I think is a very good desktop now after a lot of tweaking although it's on Sid. Should have kept notes that could be fed back into the system.

:)

Fish