Grammer Checkers was Re: A few general questions from a Debian newbie

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 09:22:44PM -0500, Mark Grieveson wrote:

> And now back to my first digression:  I realize that Abiword's latest
> has a grammar check (coincidentally, I also had no problem installing
> the latest Abiword on Sarge, which means anyone could install it, the
> newest of the new, on Sarge).  However, it fell far short of WordPerfect
> 6.1's Grammatik (released just as mankind was picking up sticks and
> learning to beat the Monolith, I believe).  Likewise, Diction, a Unix
> tool, has been around forever; so, why do Linux word processors not have
> something that Windows word processors have had since mankind first
> realized the significance of having an opposable digit?

Because no one has volunteered to write a free one that you, Mark Grieveson,
like.

Personally I think they're all useless and stupid.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.