Window manager/desktop environment that's not RAM-intensive

Hi!

I'm currently converting the SOs laptop to Debian. Problem is that
 it's rather underpowered in terms of RAM - 128 MB and no chance of
 upgrading.

So I'm looking for a window manager/desktop environment that doesn't
 have the memory footprint of Gnome or KDE.

Personally, I'm fond of Enlightenment as a window manager, but the
 SO, who's only familiar with Windos and Gnome, needs something where the
 look&feel is more consistent with what she knows. Most needed would be
 some kind of "taskbar" and the possibility of having clickable
 "shortcuts" to applications (and maybe documents) on the desktop.
It doesn't matter if it's technically superior, has integrated
 applications, virtual desktops or a constantly-running sound mixer,
 the above pretty much sums up the whole list of requirements - the rest
 I can handle myself.

Any suggestions?

cheers,
&rw
--
-- Das ist übrigens die einzige wirklich erfreuliche Seite Berlins:
-- Läuft man im Bahnhof Zoo ein, sieht man als erstes eine zerstörte