Re: ndiswrapper kernel panic

On 10/28/05, L.V.Gandhi <lvgandhi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/05, Ganeshram Iyer <ganeshramiyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > there is another on this wiki (specific to sarge but it needs
> > compilation - so did not try it).
> can I get the url?
>
> > And as ndiswrapper.sf.net for this card says using a preemptive kernel
> How to know kernel is preemptive?
> What are the pros and cons of it?
> I have compiled 2.6.13.4 from kernel.org with oldconfig of 2.6.8.2.
> Now how to make ndiswrapper work with this kernel. I can't install
> ndiswrapper utils package as it asks for package for old kernel as
> dependency? Is there any tutorial/how to go about with new kernel in
> sarge?
as for Sarge installation the wiki is here:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/InstallDebianSarge
while the one i used was:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/InstallDebian
I do not know how to find if the kernel is preemptive. I hope someone
who has answers can help me out but for now i am not using this card
with debian (at least not regularly).
thanks
ganesh