ndiswrapper kernel panic

Hello debian experts,
I am using Netgear's WG511 V2 with ndiswrapper (used both apt-get and
module-assistant) as per the directions on this wiki:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/InstallDebian

there is another on this wiki (specific to sarge but it needs
compilation - so did not try it).

And as ndiswrapper.sf.net for this card says using a preemptive kernel
would cause kernel panics/freezer randomly. And that is what is
happening to me. It works but randomly. 50% of the time it freezes
using this card. I do not know where to go from here. Any help would
be appreciated. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
Ganesh