Re: https on testing/unstable

On Fri October 28 2005 05:51 am, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 11:45:25PM -0700, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > >
> > > That is supposed to be installed on the server and not the client.
> > > Firefox/Mozilla have in built support for SSL 2.0, 3.0 and TSL 1.0 and
> > > hence that is all that is needed for accessing a website using 128-bit
> > > encryption.
> >
> > Well, I upgraded to testing, and now I can't access my banks site. Not
> > reliably anyway. Konqueror can't seem to load that page. Galeon did load
> > that page after some time but after entering my info I wasn't able to log
> > in. Same thing with mozilla, but I was able to log in, I just can't do
> > anything when I get logged in. All these browsers seem to be doing there
> > best to do their job but seem to be stumbling over something, but I don't
> > know what.
>
> I thought it worked for me -- but maybe I've always tried it with stable.
> Let's see, I.m running mozilla firefox on etch with a debian 2.6.12 kernel.
> The etch was installed a few months ago  by upgrading from woody to sarge
> and then immediately from sarge to etch.  The mozilla-firefox is, I
> believe, the Debian package.  I just upgraded the system using aptitude
> this morning.
>
> So I'll try it now.
>
> Browser comes up OK.  Now enter the URL http://scotiaonline.scotiabank.com
> and nothing happens, except for the little busy whell turning.
>
> Stop that.  Try again with http://www.scotiaonline.scotiabank.com
> The URL bar turns yellow, and the URL changes to
> https://www.scotiaonline.scotiabank.com/online/start.jsp?language=
> and firefox presents a login screen.  It then lets me log in.  It lets me
> look at recent transaction in my acocunt.
>
> Does this not work for you?

Sort of, I was able to log in, I'm logged in right now but I can't get a look
at the account details.

Update: After about 5 minutes I can get a listing of my account details by
stopping and reloading the page. It does seem to work, we're just stumbling
around a bit.

> On the help menu I choose "about Firefox" and it tells me version 1.0.6,
> some stuff it won't let me cut and paste, anmd then a too-small scrolling
> region that I can cut and paste, saying:
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050911
> Firefox/1.0.6 (Debian package 1.0.6-5)

Yep, that's the same version I have. My kernel is 2.6.12-1-amd64-k8.