Re: Access to multiple terminal windows?

m@de-minimis.co.uk wrote:

Dear all,

When operating in terminal only mode (no X11, no graphical user interface) is there a way of having several active terminal windows?

I seem to remember that something like F4 is meant to permit cycling through terminal windows but that doesn't seem to work. Unless perhaps I have to explicitly create a new terminal window and F4 is cycling me through all of one terminal windows. I'm on tty1 and for the time being seem to be stuck there!

Thanks in advance,

Max

Hi Max.

you can hit crtl+alt+f[1-6] to gain access to your virtual terminals. or you could use screen as well ..

hth,
jeff