Wireless Help

I'm a noob to Debian.  I just installed the O/S on my PC.  I'm
impressed so far but I'm trying to get my wireless network card to work
(Linksys WMP54G).  I installed the wireless tools and downloaded
"wireless assistnat" from sourceForge.net.  The file is called
"wlassistant_0.5.4a-2_i386.deb" and is sitting in my home directory.
My question is how do I install this.  From my desktop, I click on the
file, which appears to be compressed, and three windows open up, two
appear to be emplty.  The third contains the following three files;
control.tar.gz, data.tar.gz, debian-binary.  When I click on the files,
not much happens.  How do I install this?  I know binary files should
be easier to install than "source packages", which are supposed to be
compiled prior to installation.

Thank you in advance,

Greg