Re: How to use old CPUs (Not Debian Specific)

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:46:04 +0200
Duncan Anderson <duncangareth@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I agree with Rob. Obviously 200 dollars is a neglibible sum if you
> live  in the "first world", but spare a thought for people in
> places where a  P1 with a 1GB hd is something amazing, even with
> Win98 on it.  (Preferably something like Debian 2.1, though.)
> cheers
> Duncan

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but for me here in Northern
California, $200 is still a large sum.  I have all recycled machines
here, with nothing over a PII 466.  I feel on top of the world
because I was given a working slot 1 mobo and bought a PIII 600 for

Live your life so that your children can tell their grandchildren
that you not only stood for something wonderful - you acted on it.
  --Dan Zadra, CEO Compendium, Inc.