Re: Audio player error (amarok)

If you are running 2.4, then I think that you need to install alsa-
modules-2.4.27-2-686 . The modules are built-in to the 2.6 kernels.

--
Best,
Marc

Marc is correct. I had the same problem. With the 2.4 kernel you must find the correct modules and load them. I never did get ALSA to work properly under the 2.4 kernel. So, I am not the right person to help further..... I solved my problems by moving to the 2.6 kernel, which, as Marc said, has the modules built in.

Roger