Re: Writing Audio CD's / GnomeBaker

try k3b.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Amir Widjaja" <amirw@student.utdallas.edu>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 4:27 PM
Subject: Writing Audio CD's / GnomeBaker

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Debian. I installed Debian a few months ago, and one of the first things I did was download GnomeBaker to create an audio cd, which worked flawlessly.

A couple of months later, I tried creating another audio cd but I got the following error:

====================
Extracting audio tracks ....

[Failed]

cdrom device (/dev/hdc) is not of type generic SCSI. Setting interface to cooked_ioctl.
126976 bytes buffer memory requested, 4 buffers, 8 sectors
cooked: Read TOC : Input/output error

At first, I assumed the problem was because I recompiled my kernel, but when I rebooted with the kernel I had originally used to create my first audio cd, I still got the same error message. I updated GnomeBaker to the unstable version but unfortunately that did not fix it either.

The weird thing is that I can currently create data CD's just not audio ones.

Here is some additional information that may be useful:

CD-Writer: PlexWriter 8/4/32A by Plextor
GnomeBaker 0.4.2

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind Regards,
Amir Widjaja